Applications & Design Engineering
Our pursuit of excellence in materials innovation and research combined with our experienced applications and design engineering team allows us to leverage our materials technology to provide a distinct advantage in new ESC® material part applications.
Innovative part design and optimization supported by state-of-the-art software including:
- Catia V4/V5
- Pro/Engineer Solid Modeling
Composite Structural Analysis with leading edge modeling & simulation tools such as:
- Abaqus Unified FEA/CAE
- Linear, Non-linear, Static and High-Speed Dynamic, Thermal Modal Analysis
Tooling and fixture design to optimize ESC® material performance and processing. We provide complete design to build services.
Process Development employing best practices provides robust fabrication and consistent part performance.
- Engineered Material Charge Pattern (Layup) Development
- Manufacturing Process Development
- Fiber Orientation Analysis
Testing and Validation using a rigorous hierarchy of techniques in a comprehensive advanced materials testing laboratory.
- Coupon and Component Level Testing
- FEA correlation and validation
- NI LabVIEW
- Equipment and resources
- Mechanical testing and material characterization:
Instron 56kN Universal Tester
Instron 259kN Servo Hydraulic Fatigue System,
Comprehensive R&D laboratory
- Ultra Sound
- Computed Tomography